Connection between the sonosub and the amp? More newbie help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zzzz
    • Jul 2007

Connection between the sonosub and the amp? More newbie help!

I'm stuck one one final detail of my sonosub design. How doe you connect the wires from the amp to the sub itself.

Can I assume that a terminal (like pasted below) is required to be cut into the top end cap and then regular speaker wires run from there through the sub to the driver?

Hope this question is not too dumb, and thanks!!!
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

I used THESE on one of my subs and they worked pretty good. Not quite long enough to go through 1 1/2" MDF though, so I had to route out a little material.

What ever you use, put them on the bottom so you don't have speaker wires running up the side of your sub.

Comment

• zzzz
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by PoorboyMike
      I used THESE on one of my subs and they worked pretty good. Not quite long enough to go through 1 1/2" MDF though, so I had to route out a little material.

What ever you use, put them on the bottom so you don't have speaker wires running up the side of your sub.
      Thanks for the reply!

So you drill through the end cap and insert, then run what kind of wire to the driver????

Comment

• PoorboyMike
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by zzzz
        Thanks for the reply!

So you drill through the end cap and insert, then run what kind of wire to the driver????
        I just used standard Dayton 12g speaker wire. I wouldn't go any lower than 14g.

Comment

• zzzz
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by PoorboyMike
          I just used standard Dayton 12g speaker wire. I wouldn't go any lower than 14g.
          Thanks a million Mike!!!!! Much appreciated! Have 10 AWG wire at home. Sweet.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"