X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Netman
    • Aug 2006

Madisound Seas 27TDFC/P18RNX/xover kit

I'm looking for a set of HQ, music-only bookshelf speakers to replace my old and not-so-good AR's. I've looked at several DIY designs from here, Zaph and the PE board, but all of them had BSC so I was resigned to putting them on stands out from the wall of my computer/reading/music room rather than literally on the bookshelves where the ARs are now.

Yesterday I popped over to Madisound to check pricing on the Modula MT components and noticed Mad had a Seas 27TDFC/P18RNX crossover pretty reasonably priced ($37 each, pre-made, with all-film caps and a Clarity cap for the 27TDFC). I became really interested when I saw a post on the Mad board stating that this xover had no BSC and so might be usable on the bookshelves themselves (kinda-sorta IB, yes?).

I wanted to run this by the gurus here, so what do you guys think about this xover design and the suitability and/or desirability of putting these speakers in a bookshelf? Mad didn't give a box size; what would size would be best for the P18? Could one of the PE pre-built cabinets work for this? (PE has free shipping on orders > $99 thru September!)

Thanks in advance for your responses, and for all you guys contribute to the DIY community! ;x(
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

I would have to look into the Madi kit. That is pretty cheap, and you get what you pay for. ???

But, Jon does have a Modula MT crossover without BCS for near wall/in-wall mounting.

Last edited by theSven; 15 August 2023, 18:59 Tuesday. Reason: Update htguide url
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"