Single or dual voice coil 15" tc 2000????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zzzz
    • Jul 2007

Single or dual voice coil 15" tc 2000????

Going to buy the 15" TC 2000 before the 30th. Am probably going to do a sonosub or a downward firing vented box. What voice coil do I need? Single or dual? I have no idea what this means.
  • Adam321
    • Jun 2007

If you are only planning on one sub, and will probably not add another one later, then you want to get the SVC, as long as the amp you use can be bridged into 4 ohms. This will give you more power to the single sub. If you plan on getting another sub down the road then you should get the DVC, so you will be able to run the two subs in parallel and get the most out of the amp.

Comment

• zzzz
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Adam321
      If you are only planning on one sub, and will probably not add another one later, then you want to get the SVC, as long as the amp you use can be bridged into 4 ohms. This will give you more power to the single sub. If you plan on getting another sub down the road then you should get the DVC, so you will be able to run the two subs in parallel and get the most out of the amp.
      Thanks for your reply!!!

I *may* add a second sub if we move the HT into a large area. Is there any drawback to only powering a dual voice coil driver from a bridgeable amp? I'm looking into the behringer ep2500 - would that work?

Comment

• Adam321
        • Jun 2007

The DVC tc-2000 uses two 4 Ohm coils. If you were only using only one driver you could wire one coil to each channel. Or you could wire the coils in series for an 8 ohm load and run the amp bridged into the 8ohm load. This would give you less power to the sub but there isn't anything wrong with doing this as long as the power meets your needs.

With only running a single 4 Ohm SVC driver you could run th amp bridged into the 4 Ohm load and essentially get twice the power out of the amp.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"