X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bjmmy
    • Jul 2007

Modula MT on side for center?

I've pretty much decided on building one of the new WTMWs for a center channel. In the meantime, I'm considering my options if the new design isn't finished soon. Can a Modula MT be placed sideways and used for a center channel? I'm wondering how 3 identical Modula MTs would sound with the center tipped on its side. I don't quite have the height for a Modula MT to be used right side up as a center, but it seems advantageous to have 3 identical speakers up front if the center would work.
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

It wouldn't work as well as might be desired for the same reason than an MTM doesn't work well turned on it's side-- unless you have a relatively narrow front listening axis for now- say, just one or two people. Otherwise, it really should be vertical, because on it's side, the time delay differences at the crossover frequency (1800 Hz) will mess up the summing as you move farther than about 15 degrees to the left or right.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• bjmmy
      • Jul 2007

That's what I figured, but I figured it would be worth a shot to ask. I guess I'll just have to wait for the WTMW design to be completed for my center no matter how long it takes. It sounds like it will be my best center option bar none.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"