adire brahma clones for $125 (small catch)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterS
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

adire brahma clones for $125 (small catch)

here is the link
    hope someone can use these
    We had a slight goof on a production run which has a wee bit too stiff of a suspension for our original goals. Our choices are to send them back to the build-house and have them rebuilt or offer them at a blow-out price of $160 including shipping for those interested in an IB. My build-house is g...
    Last edited by peterS; 18 July 2007, 23:57 Wednesday.
  • WillyD
    • Feb 2006

They really just use the latest generation Brahma motor, not a Tumult or Brahma clone.

Comment

• thadman
      • Jan 2007

Is there any reason these wouldnt work optimally in a dipole?

Comment

• kappa546
        • Dec 2006

it seems to me thats what they are optimized for.
        -Andres

Comment

• joecarrow
          • Apr 2005

The only thing you can't be sure of is whether there will be noise and turbulence at large excursion that would be objectionable in a dipole. If it's enough like the Tumult, then that might be some indication. I never heard one way or another about Tumults in dipoles, though.
          -Joe Carrow

Comment

• peterS
            Super Senior Member
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by WillyD
            They really just use the latest generation Brahma motor, not a Tumult or Brahma clone.
            meant one thing typed another... fixed

Comment

• kappa546
              • Dec 2006

i want to pick a 15" up for a dipole sub as well. what would be the best way to achieve LFE if only using one driver? U-frame, H-frame? perhaps an isobaric would yield an acceptable size box... i can only afford one at the moment though. any ideas?
              -Andres

Comment

• peterS
                Super Senior Member
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by WillyD
                actually i see in the link that they are the original brahma design- while the motor is designed 100% to spec. its nod built by adire

Comment

• joecarrow
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kappa546
                  i want to pick a 15" up for a dipole sub as well. what would be the best way to achieve LFE if only using one driver? U-frame, H-frame? perhaps an isobaric would yield an acceptable size box... i can only afford one at the moment though. any ideas?
                  The problem with these drivers is that their T/S specs are really not well suited to small boxes, since their Qts and Vas are both fairly high. The excursion and power handling on this driver are good, though, so it should be able to survive a smaller than optimal sealed box with a linkwitz transform. You'd need an amp that's up to the challenge in order to get the driver to perform to its potential, but it's a possibility.

In order to get the most bass out of the driver in a dipole, you'd need to get the baffle as large as you can without causing a cavity resonance within the bandpass. If you have some time on your hands, Linkwitzlab is a great place to learn about dipoles. Here's a page with some relevance:

-Joe Carrow

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"