X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

TM Design for PE .25 Cuft boxes?

I'm planning on building some small TM's for a friend as a christmas present. I would really like to use these parts express boxes for a couple reasons 1 they are cheap and 2 they are very nice looking. Is there a design somewhere that is relitively inexpensive that will fit into this enclosure? I saw one that Zaph had that was 100 bucks a pair but they require a slanted baffel or the woofer on top. So I thought I would look and see if there are other options. He listens to a lot of Blues and classic rock for refference. And would be nice if they could be driven with a T-Amp or a 20 watt Aleph Mini.
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Have you looked at all the Missions Accomplished ones? Do you realize you can use Zaph's project, but invert the vertical, so that the design axis lobe is pointing up instead of down, as it would be if designed for a slanted baffle but placed on a straight baffle? (i.e., tweeter on bottom). that will just skew the design axis up in the air, if placed on a lowish table or shelf.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Yeah I realized that. And I've seen lots of the Mission Accomplished ones just wasn't aware there were any that were designed for that small of an enclosure.

Comment

• Jed
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
        Yeah I realized that. And I've seen lots of the Mission Accomplished ones just wasn't aware there were any that were designed for that small of an enclosure.

Roman's Microbe is popular and would probably work in that. www.rjbaudio.com

Comment

• Mudjock
          • Sep 2005

You can put the RS150 in that box. Here is a design I used with the RS150-Seas H1212 (27 TBFC/G). This design went head-to-head with cjd's MTM from the mission accomplished section at a Chicago DIY event and was judged to be very nearly equivalent. I used a 1.5" diameter by 6" long rear port and a 1 inch offset on the tweeter (0.5 inches models as a slight improvement, but I was recycling the boxes from another project...) I've heard good things about the Microbe - but these will have much more bass output capability due to the RS150's larger size and increased x-max vs. the RS125 used in the Microbe. I still use them today for HT and am happy with their performance.
          Attached Files
          Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out...

https://sites.google.com/view/sehlin...solutions/home

Comment

• Jim Holtz
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

I was in Chicago with Mudjock and CJD for the DIY event and heard both designs. Mudjock is exactly correct. His 2-way is an extremely nice speaker. I thought it sounded great. It was also the speaker that got me interested in the H1212 tweeter. Very nice! :T

Jim

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"