X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

OT: cool multichannel audio switch

With all the new audio and video formats, many people find themselves with more than one transport. They have a choice of buying a new HDMI 1.3 receiver (most prepros don't support HDMI let alone 1.3) or going with analog audio from the transport. The problem is most prepros only have one 6-channel input. Someone over at AVS pointed out an inexpensive switch box that looks like a winner for either audio or video. 4-in, 1-out, relay switches for signal 'purity', IR remote ready, all for $259.

UK Based manufacturer of HDBaseT video distribution systems, HDMI over HDBaseT extenders, CEC control solutions, including our exclusive USB-CEC Adapter

5.1 Multi-channel Audio Switch
    Since there are six available analog channels, the HDS4.1 can easily be used as a four to one 5.1 multi-channel audio switch. The fully passive design, and full isolation of the digital and analog grounds, makes the HDS4.1 ideal for switching analog audio signals between SACD and DVD-Audio players.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Sweet..... :T

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2006

I just got one of the Zektor MAS7.1 boxes which does most of this plus HDMI switching. Very sweet: http://www.zektor.com/literature/mas...71B_R_1000.jpg

Kal
      Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Bent
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2003

I had a Zektor HDS4 (the previous version of the 4.1), It was an awesome switch - it just disapeared into my system when I lit it up.

Comment

• noah katz
          • Dec 2005

AVSForum was having a special on them recently
          ------------------------------
          Noah

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"