X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nathan P
    • Mar 2006

Car

Okay sorry guys, but I don't know who else to ask. Guys in the shop I go to are cool, but I can't afford everything I want there What are the good car sub amps on parts express? I don't know anything about car audio, other than that my new head unit sounds a heck of alot better and I need a woofer to go with it... I'm going with the Dayton 10" rs series HO sub but I don't know what amps are good outside of the home audio world. I want something musical with good tonal quality, not the boomy trunk rattling crap you hear on the street... Something that will complement the music, not BE the music. Balanced sound is good.

Thanks,
    Nathan
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Check out diymobileaudio.com I believe it is.

Comment

• PoorboyMike
      • Oct 2005

I've been considering one of THESE
      for a sub install on a friends boat. Seems like a great deal to me.

Comment

• Finleyville
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
        Check out diymobileaudio.com I believe it is.

Dougie is right. There are very knowledgeable people on DIYMobileaudio.com. That site stresses best bang for the buck and not the most esoteric equipment. (Although we do like our Seas and ScanSpeak too. ) If you want just a sub amp then there are MANY choices that should be affordable to you. Just search there and you should have your questions answered.
        BE ALERT! The world needs more lerts.

Comment

• Nathan P
          • Mar 2006

Thanks guys, I've never done any car audio before, just got a nice Pioneer head unit (LOVE that thing!) and the guys where I bought it are cool and knowledgeable, but I don't feel comfortable asking them "Is this a good brand" when they don't sell that brand... They sell JL Audio, JBL, ARC, Morel, Crossfire, and Eclipse, Kenwood, JVC and Pioneer head units. A good shop that does great custom work, but most local shops are quite biased when it comes to their products no matter how good the shop is (They've got to sell right?) So thanks for the link guys!

Nathan

Comment

• cotdt
            • Oct 2005

what i love about that site is that it's got tons of information on the different drivers, measurements, subjective impressions, hot deals, etc., so i use the site to help me figure out what drivers to use in my home audio system, even though it's a car audio site.

Comment

• Nathan P
              • Mar 2006

haha nice. The guys over at the car audio place said that the designs for car audio speakers were tweaked to work better for car audio. Some merit in that, but i'm sure that done right alot of the drivers we use would work fine too.

Comment

• cotdt
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Nathan P
                haha nice. The guys over at the car audio place said that the designs for car audio speakers were tweaked to work better for car audio. Some merit in that, but i'm sure that done right alot of the drivers we use would work fine too.
                only difference is the higher Qts in car audio drivers, but it doesn't matter anymore now because car audio guys use active crossovers with multi-band EQ, so bass boost can be used. a lot of the car audio kits these days are actually home audio drivers without even any modifications.

Comment

• thadman
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by cotdt
                  a lot of the car audio kits these days are actually home audio drivers without even any modifications.
                  don't forget the modification of price...the markup is often exceedingly severe

Comment

• Nathan P
                    • Mar 2006

Yes, he was showing me a Morel component set. Sounded great but $$$$

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"