X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subynube
    • Apr 2007

Quick question about NatP!

Why does it say to use the shielded version of the rs 180's, but not shielded for the rs28A? I may need to have all drivers shielded, and I already have the shielded version of the rs28A. Will this be OK?
  • Brian Bunge
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2001

At the time the speaker was designed there were only a shielded version of the RS series woofers and the only version of the 28a was unshielded. You cannot swap out the shielded and non-shielded versions of the RS28a without changing the crossover. The specs on the two are different.

Comment

• subynube
      • Apr 2007

Is there an updated crossover for the shielded version of the rs28a? Thanks for the quick reply.

Josh

Comment

• joecarrow
        • Apr 2005

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but unshielded tweeters are generally nowhere near as bad as unshielded woofers. I have a pair of Seas H1212 tweeters on either side of my TV, and there is no ill effect. There's essentially no space between the cabinet and the TV, and only about 5 or 6 inches from the actual tweeter to the edge of the TV. It's an old TV as well; newer and more expensive TVs might be even more resistant to magnetic fields.

I think you'll be fine building the standard version of the NatP. Unfortunately, Brian's right about the incompatibility with the crossover. If you haven't soldered to them or marked them up at all then Parts Express has a reputation of being very good about accepting returns. You'd have to pay postage, but I don't think they'll even charge a restocking fee.
        -Joe Carrow

Comment

• digital desire
          • Dec 2006

The h12112 has to be at least 9" away from my Phillips 32" flat screen to eliminate any effects.

Just a side note, I really like calling it the h1212, not the tbdhghjhjhsjsh . I hate those letter strings that are also used for the same product!
          Peter
          Syracuse, N.Y.

Comment

• subynube
            • Apr 2007

Yup, thanks guys. I called Parts express, and they are accepting the return, parts unused, and exchanging them, even though I bought them 3 months ago!!!
            Last edited by subynube; 09 June 2007, 12:08 Saturday.

Comment

• joecarrow
              • Apr 2005

There's more than one reason so many of us buy there consistently

I'm not saying anything bad against anyone else- but PE sure is nice.

Peter, I agree- I had "27TBFC/G" memorized for a while- and now that I've had a decent night of sleep I can recall it- but H1212 is so much easier to remember. On the other hand, you can look at the long part number and decode what it means- a 27 millimeter tweeter, blah blah blah.... eh, I see what you mean.
              -Joe Carrow

Comment

• subynube
                • Apr 2007

By the way Joe, what kind of TV do you have? Your unshielded tweeters dont cause any ill effects, but digitaldesire does have ill effects on the tv. I only have a POS tv right now, but will get a nice flat screen.

Comment

• joecarrow
                  • Apr 2005

It's a POS Emmerson with built-in VHS. I guess it was probably pretty fancy back when my girlfriend bought it so many years ago. It's really her TV, but you get the picture-

As you can see, it's not very large and I don't have any space to get something better. Maybe, just maybe, when we move to a bigger place I can make an argument that it's really a TV stand, and the speakers need their own stands.
                  -Joe Carrow

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"