X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theskuh
    • Jun 2007

oem 10 and pr sono sub

So here is a little sono sub I am building using a TCSounds OEM-10.

I cut this end a little loose so I put some tape on it to get a tighter fit. Will Glue together with construction adhesive once i get the carpet on and the end caps painted.

I get my buttkicker tomorrow so I haven't tested it yet. It has the OEM 10 on one end and the matching PR on the other. I have 500 grams of weight on the PR. and the enclosure is about 1.2cu feet. The tube is 12" dia and about 2'1"long. Triple layered end caps out of mdf. Circles cut with lewin circle jig on my pc router and less precise circles cut with my POS jigsaw. Used left over MDF and my bandsaw pretty heavily. I bought some carpet for $4 and the banana bulkheads and connects were like $12. tube was $8 I think. So about $30 at most out of pocket for the thing. I still have to buy some paint. Will probably lather on some black latex paint.

here is the winISD graph for this box
    Last edited by theskuh; 15 December 2009, 20:59 Tuesday.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Looks good, you'll want to line the inside with some form of damping.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• theskuh
      • Jun 2007

ooopps! forgot that. I will track something down. I think you just doubled the cost of my enclosure lol. Might use just regular fiberglass I know i have a roll on the shop.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"