X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonB
    • Oct 2005

Behringer Feedback Destroyer Questions

I have some quick questions about the Feedback Destroyer.

Does it connect directly to a mic to measure frequency response, or does it need a seperate mic pre-amp?

I couldn't find the software download on the Behringer site. Does the software allow real time setting of the filters. In other words does the software allow you to play pink noise and monitor the frequency response as you set the filters manually?

Or, does the software set the filters automatically?

Thanks, any help is appreciated,

Jason
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

There is no way to directly connect a mic to any of the feedback destroyers. And I see no reason to need to since they can't measure anything.

The newer 1124P have a firmware bug (V1.3) as a result the MIDI interface is broken. (bug can't be fixed without installing a new PROM V1.4 ).

The FBQ2496 works fine with MIDI.

The DEQ2496 does what you want from a mic-in/monitor pink noise see 1/6th octave measurements, and it has a MIDI interface.

I just received my M-Audio UNO USB-MIDI but haven't had a chance to hook it up to the DEQ2496.

I know it works for setting the FBQ2496 using Room EQ Wizard.
    Last edited by ThomasW; 02 June 2007, 23:26 Saturday.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JasonB
      • Oct 2005

Thomas,

Thanks for the input. What are most people using to set up the BFD then? Are they all using seperate dedicated measurement systems? I have a Radio Shack SPL meter but I'm not sure I trust its acuracy even with the correction curves.

Jason

Comment

• JasonB
        • Oct 2005

Ignore that last post Thomas, I found the Room EQ Wizard site and it is the answer to my questions.

Thanks again,

Jason

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Ah, I didn't know we could update the firmware in our BFD's! I'll have to research how to do that.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

If it's newish they will replace the PROM under warranty ( these can't be 'flashed') . Behringer doesn't sell the PROM's separately.

My understanding is this fellow has them for $10

Note that the PROMS are held in place with a bit of hot glue.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Spearmint
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ThomasW
              ~SNIP~
              The DEQ2496 does what you want from a mic-in/monitor pink noise see 1/6th octave measurements, and it has a MIDI interface.

I just received my M-Audio UNO USB-MIDI but haven't had a chance to hook it up to the DEQ2496.
              ~SNIP~
              Is there any software available for download for the DEQ2496? Does anyone know if Room EQ Wizard supports it yet? (I’m just being lazy with regards to the second question, I realise I can head on over and ask the question)
              Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

It's not incorporated into the current version of REQW

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"