X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bdubs767
    • May 2007

Just a simple question for Zaph

I know he doesn't want e-mails or any other type of contact (which I don't blame him for doing) but I am simply just wondering if he is going to post the design he had in his blog a little bit ago for the scan 6600 and scan 18w rev as I am looking to design a loudspeaker with those drivers since they are sitting in my room with zero use right now.

-Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

His 2-way used the old version of the aircirc tweeter, that's why he didn't post it on his website- so unless you have the old version as well, it won't do you any good either.

Comment

• jkrutke
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jed
      His 2-way used the old version of the aircirc tweeter, that's why he didn't post it on his website- so unless you have the old version as well, it won't do you any good either.
      Yup, that pretty much sums up why I didn't post it. I actually have designs for both the old and new versions, but publicly posting either would surely lead to people using the wrong design. As far as I can tell, without measuring and at least getting an accurate SPL, there's no way to tell which version tweeter a person has based on serial numbers. For those that can do their own measurements, I can suggest an asymmetrical LR4 1800 Hz topology that works well, as long as you are able to figure out values on your own.
      Zaph|Audio

Comment

• SQdude
        • May 2007

Any chance you can release the XO with the caveat that the design is only guaranteed to work with the current shipping version of the 6600, therefore, use at your own risk? I'd like to see the schematic to learn from it so that when and if I can ever build such a system I have a reference to compare to. Anyway, I want to thank you, Jon Marsh, Thomas, ET, and all the others on this board that take the time to educate us and for producing such amazing designs :T

Comment

• jkrutke
          • Dec 2005

Here's a topology that works well for a mildly asymmetrical LR4 crossover at about 1700hz. It's very easy to get good sound out of these drivers. It's 2nd order electrical on the woofer and 3rd order electrical on the tweeter. Acoustic rolloffs are a little shallower than 4th order on the woofer, and a little steeper than 4th on the tweeter, putting the primary listening axis on the tweeter with a broad vertical listening window.

R5 is a single padding resistor, components C6,L7 and R8 are the normal impedance flattening circuit seen on many tweeters. C13, L14 and R15 are optional for system impedance flattening. Overall, very simple.

I've got a set of these crossovers assembled which eventually I won't need anymore. I'm moving the drivers to a different enclosure that requires a new crossover. (plywood laminated box I mentioned in my blog)
          Attached Files
          Zaph|Audio

Comment

• SQdude
            • May 2007

Cool. Thanks John.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"