X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Interesting new SEAS drivers

Hoping some of you have bought these drivers to test out. Do any of you have projects dreamed up that use these drivers? If so lets hear about it!

• cotdt
    • Oct 2005

the W22NY has many advantages over the RS225, one look at the response curve makes that obvious!

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

That T29MF-001 is one I'd like to love, but I wish it were a bit flatter, (though that can be dealt with), and I wish it was a bit more extended at 30 degrees off axis before drooping (that's pretty much not possible to fix unless you want to settle for a bit hot on axis- presents a voicing quandry).
      Re the W22NY-001, I'd like to see a nearfield plot and some ETC testing. If it can manage to get to 2 kHz before a out of phase flop mode, it would be pretty impressive (RS225 @ 1500, W22E at 1700). Could be an actual upgrade for Orion's as well as the M8ta.

~Jon
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Davey
        • Jan 2003

Just for everyone's info....the SPL plot in the info page at Madisound is not the correct one for the W22NY driver.

Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.

Click on the PDF link near the bottom to see the proper one.

Davey.

Comment

• TacoD
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2004

I want to try the W22NY, but a couple of months back it wasn't available... Those Reed cones are nice and should sound better than the Seas CA18RNX which I used a couple of times for budget projects (Dayton 180 costs ~55 euro + shipping, then I prefer to pay 15 - 20 euro's more for Seas).

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"