X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kappa546
    • Dec 2006

18w/8531G & WG loaded 27TBFC/G?

i actually picked up the 18S/8531 which are on sale. i've been slowly picking out drivers/parts for some new bookshelves and was wondering if the hexagrid grill on the seas tweeter would affect sound if it was waveguide loaded?? i dont have any measuring equipment yet so this project has been slow, i'm kindof hoping John K. sees this since he's been working with the scan mids alot lately and he's also tested the seas with the WG. are there any WG designs available using the SS driver? any help is appreciated
    -Andres
  • augerpro
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2006

You can remove the grid. Use a small screwdriver or something and stick it in a hole and pry up gently. There is some more info on it here I think, do a search.
    ~Brandon 8O
    Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
    Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
    DriverVault
    Soma Sonus

Comment

• kappa546
      • Dec 2006

that easy huh? excellent.

now does anyone know if zaph's 2.5 WG design is easily modifiable for the woofer for a TM instead of 2.5 TMM? perhaps an L-pad for the tweeter? i noticed he said in a different post that the CA18 and 18w behave very similarly and xover might be the same. this is probably a poor idea though since i'll be using 2 different (yet similar behaving) drivers.
      -Andres

Comment

• kappa546
        • Dec 2006

^ just to clarify i meant it as a temp solution until i have the tools to design a proper xover.
        -Andres

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"