X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inu_Yasha
    • May 2006

Sub measurement techniques?

Ok, finally got done with school and now I have a little more time to play with my theater setup. I was taking measurements earlier today with my ecm8000 and mobile pre and here pic shows the results.

Is there some way to get room eq to "suggest" some filters to make the response fit the curve better or do I need to just guess? I have a bfd 1124p, is there any way to make the filter space smaller (ie make it go from affecting the 80-90hz range to maybe just the 83-85hz range)? If ya'll have any other tips that would help me in my calibration journey, I'd really appreciate it.
    Attached Files
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The BFD can do filters as narrow as 1/60th octave.

Filters that narrow probably aren't the best idea if one's focus is the best sound quality

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Dennis H
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2002

In REW, go to Help / Filter Settings. It will walk you through finding the peaks, automatically assigning filters and manually fine tuning them. Before you do that make sure you have the target curve set to the level and shape you want as that's what the automatic filters will try to match.

Comment

• Inu_Yasha
        • May 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
        Filters that narrow probably aren't the best idea if one's focus is the best sound quality
        would you mind explaining? Also, are my results any good or do I need to do more tweaking?

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Narrow bandwidth filters raise the Qtc of the system.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Inu_Yasha
            • May 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
            Narrow bandwidth filters raise the Qtc of the system.
            Ah, didn't know that... What would be your suggestion as to the best way to test and equilize my sub (and even my speakers if possible) as far filters are concerned.

Right now I don't have to best placement of my sub as I really don't have too much room to move around in my apt. I basically have a choice of corner loading the sub (currently) or moving it towards my dining room area (which I kinda want to avoid) as far as placement.

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

This is the correct way to 'map' and EQ a room.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"