X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

Flared port connectors

I went to Lowes last night with a 4" Dayton tube and a 3" Precision Port tube. I went to the plumbing section and found the 4" sewer pipe elbows fit the 4" tube quite well. 2 90 degree elbows hooked together form a nice, gentle arc and give about 19" of port length. I'll just use a short section of the Dayton tube on both ends to connect the flares and will easily get a 30" port in this box.

For the 3", a series of schedule 30 PVC 45 degree elbows also make a fairly gentle arc, and fit good enough to the tube that a seal will be pretty easy, although I haven't measured the length yet. If I wanted to, I could get 2 30" long 3" precesion ports in the box, which would give me the same 18hz tune with slightly less air speed.

A word on the Dayton port kits. The elbow they supply is a very sharp bend and one end is male and one is female. They don't have any couplers in stock to connect a pipe to the male end of the elbow, (they wouldn't even show up in a search with the part # they gave me) so you'll need to find something locally anyway. Also, the fit and finish on the flares is not the greatest. This sub is going to a customer, so I can't send it out with a scuffed up port flare. And they wont just send me a new one, they are sending a shipper 1st, then I have to send this one back before they will ship a new one. :angry:
    Last edited by PoorboyMike; 11 May 2007, 10:47 Friday.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Order the new one and use the forum on your original receipt to return the scuffed one.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• PoorboyMike
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW
      Order the new one and use the forum on your original receipt to return the scuffed one.
      :B I never even thought of that. I'll do that right now. :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"