• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trats
    • Aug 2005

Q: tweeter upgrade on Scanspeak mtm

Hello!

First post here.....

I've seen Zaph's, DLR's and Mark K's measurements of the new ss6600. Impressive tweeter it seems :T. Anyway, I'm looking into the possibility of upgrading to ss6600 from ss9300.

My system is ss8544-ss9300 mtm with NHT 1259 (original NHT design). Xovers are active LR4 @ 100 Hz and 2 kHz, modified version of Siegfried Linkwitz's Phoenix. Preamp and amps are based on Carlosfm's (DIYHifi) designs with AD815, and unregulated, snubberised LM3886s.

The 6600s should be better drivers than the 9300s, but how much better do they sound? So, I'm hoping that guys who are familiar with these tweeters might share their opinions here. Thanks very much.
  • trats
    • Aug 2005

The 6600s came in. Modified the cut-out holes, drilled a few extra holes for T-nut mountings, and increased the countersink depth. The main difference is ss9300 gives a good hifi sound, and the 6600 gives a good musical sound :T.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"