X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hawkfan
    • Feb 2007

Nat P paired with Rythmik DS12?

Pretty much the title says it all. I was going to keep my sytem at two channels, but now I've got the itch to add something else . I was originally going to add a sub anyway, so that's what I'm looking to add right now. I was really interested in the Rythmik DS12 in a 2.0cuft PE enclosure. A DS12 in a PE 2.0cuft enclosure tested very well on another forum when compared with a Velodyne sub. I heard really good things about their "servo-subs" and was wondering would a single sealed 12 on 370 watts match well with the Nat P's? I'm not looking for pure SPL as much as accuracy for both music(85%) and movies(15%). If there are any Nat P owners out there, what sub are YOU using? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Mr Ding has indicated people lacking a IEEE aren't qualified to comment regarding his products.

So we don't...

Any good sub will match up fine with the NatP's.

The choice of what sub, how big a driver, etc., depends in the size of the listening room, distance from the sub to the listener and desired SPL.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• hawkfan
      • Feb 2007

Uh-oh. Didn't know there was any ongoing tension with Rythmic here. I didn't see anything during my search to indicate that there was a "scuffle" over any of there products. The disagreement wasn't over performance issues was it? Would you characterize Rythmik as "quality" equipment? I heard a lot of good things about these subs, but I also trust that the members of this board know what's actually good and what is internet "hype".

Comment

• crackyflipside
        • Nov 2006

I believe Exocer had his Rythmik paired up with NatP speakers. It's a good sub for having a very small enclosure, I use my Rythmik for less than 95dB listening and it works perfect for me. Though if you can go with multiple subs, not just Rythmiks, or if you can deal with the larger enclosure size there are some better options.

Ilkka is going to be posting up some very thorough test data on the Rythmik as well as a bunch of other subs at HT Shack so that will give you some independent data to browse through.
        -Chris B

;x( DIY

Comment

• hawkfan
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by crackyflipside
          I believe Exocer had his Rythmik paired up with NatP speakers. It's a good sub for having a very small enclosure, I use my Rythmik for less than 95dB listening and it works perfect for me. Though if you can go with multiple subs, not just Rythmiks, or if you can deal with the larger enclosure size there are some better options.

Ilkka is going to be posting up some very thorough test data on the Rythmik as well as a bunch of other subs at HT Shack so that will give you some independent data to browse through.
          Cool. The Nat P's already have good low end so I can wait.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"