X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martyn
    • Feb 2006

Mod to vintage crossover

Can anyone help me with this?

I have a pair of Leak sandwich speakers from the early 1960s (the 2-way design). I came across an article (see attachment) that attempts to improve the sound without interfering with the vintage appearance of the speaker by modifying the crossover. The modification includes adding a 1:2 transformer to boost the top end. Since I'm not an electrical/electronics guy, I'm looking for help to spec this transformer. I've been told that it is an impedance transformer, although that doesn't really mean much to me. I'm hoping that someone will be able to look at the modified crossover on page 2 of the attachment and say something like: "You need the ???? transformer, Digikey part number xxxx". I've had these speakers over 20 years and they were already that old when I bought them, so I'm really quite attached to them.

Many thanks.
    Attached Files
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"