X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digital desire
    • Dec 2006

Giving digital a shot

Well, I found these amps on fleabay:

From what I can gather they will do over 300 watts into 4 ohm, perfect for my wwmt's. They are powered right now by an adcom 555II, and that works great until I really turn up the loud knob. Then a transistor saturates somewhere, I think one of the drivers, and I get a 'pop'. Only *really* loud though- like turn it up and vacuum somewhere else in the house loud.. Anyway, I am going to experiment with the digital side. Seems like a good price for that power level.

Been a while since I shopped amps. Does the 2db of headroom seem low?
    Peter
    Syracuse, N.Y.
  • digital desire
    • Dec 2006

Well shucks. After I jumped through the hoops, I just checked the "other place" and saw this..
    Maybe I wont get rid of mr. adcom so quickly..
    Just plugged in my new Audiosource 7T and am thrilled! These were never sold due to an emissions problem and have found their way to ebay. All through-hole components so easy modding. These can be had for a $225 offer!! It uses the TA0104A which is still listed on the Tripath website, with data...

DOH!
    Peter
    Syracuse, N.Y.

Comment

• AJINFLA
      • Mar 2005

The title of this thread made me think it was an LP guy finally getting tired of snap crackle pop and groove echo.
      I guess it's about digital amplification.
      I've been using my Seven T since monday and it hasn't died yet :W .
      Does have a very slight transformer hum. But, hey, it was $250 and no serious DIYer should be afraid of cracking open an amp case. Unplugged of course .

cheers,

AJ
      Manufacturer

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"