X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1Michael
    • Sep 2006

How to Attach Jasper Jig to Router?

I have the Dewalt 621 and the Jasper Jig model 200 and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to attach it. The holes do not line up. What is the secret? Thanks.
    Michael
    Chesapeake Va.
  • MuaDibb
    • Oct 2006

I had the same problem initially. I had put the positioning/centering pin in the wrong hole on the jig when I attempted to attach it. This will definitely keep the holes from lining up. Hope its just that, good luck.
    Ultimately all things are known because we want to believe we know.

Zensunni Wanderer

Comment

• Ecir38
      • Oct 2006

Didn't the jig come with a templet that show's the mounting holes for the differant kind of router's.
      BR

Comment

• MuaDibb
        • Oct 2006

Yes I believe it did, but it only showed a few different models. Have you used the centering pin to position the jig on the router? Once its properly centered you should have no problems lining up the holes. Also, when I first set it up I was trying to use the holes nearer the outside edges of the router plate, my model used the holes closest to the router bit. That and using the wrong hole for the centering pin added quite a bit of confusion to the set up. Once its mounted properly its a breeze to use.

Zensunni Wanderer

Comment

• Ecir38
          • Oct 2006

See pic
          Attached Files
          BR

Comment

• MuaDibb
            • Oct 2006

Woops, I have the smaller model. It definitely will work on your router, at least according to Bill Jasper, try the holes closer to the center hole, thats where mine attached.

After a quick search ( I'm at work so I have nothing better to do LOL ) all the pics I can find are showing attachment at those holes just outside of the big center hole.

Zensunni Wanderer

Comment

• Brian Bunge
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2001

There are only 2 mounting holes for the DW621. I don't have mine handy as my uncle is trying to re-tap one of the mounting holes and possibly change out the bearings but I specifically remember that there are only 2 holes that will line up on the jig.

Comment

• 1Michael
                • Sep 2006

Ahh only 2 holes. I was expecting 4. Thanks :T
                Michael
                Chesapeake Va.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"