X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david.teltschik
    • Apr 2007

Need Enclosure Ideas.

I've built a few speakers in the past and none of them have a professional enough look to them. The first ones I built were a MTM utilizing the Vifa XT tweeter and a pair of 7" Vifa PL woofers. I was very happy with the sound of these speakers, with the only problem I had of them was they began to have higher distortion (audible) when played at louder levels. This prompted me to build a more robust 3-way system. This system was a relatively high end design utilizing the SS 9700 tweeter, AT SK130-380 mid, and SS 25W/8565-00 woofer in a sealed allignment. I am pretty happy with this configuration. I LOVE the SS tweeters and woofers. I must admit that I liked the midrange of the MTM better for some reason. Not a big difference, but just a bit more. I am happy to stay with these drivers and crossovers since they are already paid for and all. What I need are ideas for a much better looking cabinet for the drivers. I am considering contracting a cabinet maker to make them, but I have not decided on that as of yet. I must admit that I was tossing around something like the Kharma speakers or Avalon speakers. Please feel free to suggest any and everything that you find pleasing. I was hoping I could find someon to help me get the specifics of the cabinet design when we narrow this down so that I can hand the plans to the cabinet maker should I go that route.

Thanks in advance from a long time lurker,
    David Teltschik
    Houston, TX
    Attached Files
    David Teltschik

B&K Reference 50
    B&K Reference 7270
    Denon 3910
    Sony SCD-C555ES
    Monster AVS 2000
    Monster HTPS-7000
    DIY 3-way Mains
    Sonus Faber Walls Surr.
    DIY Aurasound Sub.
  • david.teltschik
    • Apr 2007

Here are the others speakers I have made to date.

I know.....not the best enclosures, but what can I say. I'm limited in my tools. I used to work for a woodworker and REALLY miss having access to those tools when I wanted.
    Attached Files
    David Teltschik

B&K Reference 50
    B&K Reference 7270
    Denon 3910
    Sony SCD-C555ES
    Monster AVS 2000
    Monster HTPS-7000
    DIY 3-way Mains
    Sonus Faber Walls Surr.
    DIY Aurasound Sub.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"