X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonehead848
    • Apr 2007

How is this design for 2 db-500?

So i am looking to build a ported box around 9ft^3 tuned to 17 hz with 2 db-500 powered by i think an ep1500(feel free to recommend better for everyday use). So i found this design in the tc forums and wanted to see if it would also work with my application. Here is the thread. Drivers are mounted on the outside walls on opposite sides.

Being that the magnets would only be a couple inches away from each other would that be ok? Also, he says to wire it in phase but it seems like it would cancel out? What do you guys think?
    Also, I cant afford the eq or filtering stuff, is that ok if i dont need anything perfect?

• ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

As Kyle says in the thread there's no reason for the box to be so big if a pair of 12"s are being used.

Personally I prefer round ports over slot ports. They're easier to model, easier to build and I think they work better. But hey that's just me.

As long as the drivers are wired in phase they won't cancel.

All subs benefit from the use of EQ.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"