X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlneubec
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

For those contemplating a dipole design

FYI, there is a new design guide for dipole speakers being offered by John Kreskovsky over at Music and Design for $10.95.

musicanddesign.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, musicanddesign.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    Dan N.
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

What? Pay for something?

I like Linkwitz better every day.
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I guess he considers flat baffle woofers unimportant.

At least we have The Edge to do those and other things ......And we continue to have U & H frame woofer worksheet along with Baffle Diffraction Simulator and other freeware programs from FRD Consortium

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• john k...
        • May 2005

Yes, the FRDC is a good place for freeware. I have, and continure to contribute to it: the TP design, the BDS, the FRC, the U and H frame Math CAD worksheet, and several other behind the scenes. I antisipate adding the capability of the exporting the equalized midrange response in by dipole tool to an FRD file so that Jeff B's the PCD can be applied to design the mid tweeter x-o.
        Last edited by john k...; 31 March 2007, 07:31 Saturday.
        John k....
        Music and Design

Comment

• ttan98
          • Mar 2007

H and U Frame

Hi fellows,

I am new to this dipole game, I read a brief description of the U and H frame, I still don't understand the differences. The frame refers to the way the woofers are mounted, would anyone kind enough to explain to me, many thanks.

Comment

• Paul H
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ttan98
            Hi fellows,

I am new to this dipole game, I read a brief description of the U and H frame, I still don't understand the differences. The frame refers to the way the woofers are mounted, would anyone kind enough to explain to me, many thanks.

The U and H names refers to the way they look, looking down on the top.

The U frame has the baffle at the front, with the two side wings sweeping back from the front edges of the baffle.
            An H frame has the baffle set further back, so that side wings are both in front of and behind the baffle.

Comment

• ttan98
              • Mar 2007

Thanks Paul...

Comment

• john k...
                • May 2005

Hi fellows,

FYI http://www.musicanddesign.com/u_frame.html
                John k....
                Music and Design

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Hi fellows,

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• its_bacon12
                    • May 2008

I'm sorry to resurrect a thread but I figure it's better than creating a new one for my sole purpose. Anyway, I have a pair of Exodus Audio DPL-10's and I was planning to run them IB in car but plans change and I would like to see if I can find a use for them at home. I am intrigued by creating a Dipole Design but I haven't the slightest clue how to start designing one. I've looked at many sources and research papers on the subject but it's still hard for me to understand any of it. Would anyone possibly be able to help me out? I prefer the response of a U-Frame.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"