X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gir
    • Dec 2006

EBS design with Mach 5 IXL-18.4

I'm without a windows machine at the moment... Anyone mind posting some graphs for a big 'ol LLT design?
    Last edited by Gir; 29 March 2007, 16:30 Thursday.
    -Tyler

Under deadline pressure for the next week. If you want something, it can wait. Unless it's blind screaming paroxysmally hedonistic...
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Gir
    I'm without a windows machine at the moment... Anyone mind posting some graphs for a big 'ol LLT design?
    The so called LLT is nothing but a standard EBS design that's been renamed and given magical performance characteristics. There are several examples of these in the gallery pages and a forum search will bring up a ton of threads about them. Also this is a topic for a separate thread.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• mrogowski
      • Jul 2006

Gir, here's a quick shot of what this thing will do - 15 cubes tuned to 15Hz. Will reach Xmax with ~500 watts of power; 3db down at 17Hz.

Best,
      Mark
      Where no sound has gone before

Comment

• mrogowski
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
        The so called LLT is nothing but a standard EBS design that's been renamed and given magical performance characteristics. There are several examples of these in the gallery pages and a forum search will bring up a ton of threads about them. Also this is a topic for a separate thread.
        I agree. Its an EBS.

Comment

• Gir
          • Dec 2006

I just got onto my friend's computer and ran some simulations. LLT of 800 L tuned to around 12hz looks good. Only problem is that it's 800L. With 28" sonotube that would take about 6'8" tall. With 32" sonotube we're talking around 5'1" tall. Other problem is that it hits max excursion only after around 175 watts. Do you think this would be worth it?

[EDIT]
          Sorry, I'll run a search.
          -Tyler

Under deadline pressure for the next week. If you want something, it can wait. Unless it's blind screaming paroxysmally hedonistic...

Comment

• mrogowski
            • Jul 2006

You can drop the size down to 20 cubes and tune to 14Hz with losing about 1Hz. At 500 watts you are pushing excursion slightly over Xmax which shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

• gonar
              • Feb 2006

550l@14Hz@350W is 112dB@12Hz while running 0 overexcursion risk (never goes above 20mm)

Comment

• Gir
                • Dec 2006

You can drop the size down to 20 cubes and tune to 14Hz with losing about 1Hz. At 500 watts you are pushing excursion slightly over Xmax which shouldn't be an issue.
                550l@14Hz@350W is 112dB@12Hz while running 0 overexcursion risk (never goes above 20mm)
                Ah, thanks. I didn't really have much time to play with the simulations

Think I should go for it?
                -Tyler

Comment

• kano32
                  • Feb 2006

I'd go for it. I purchased the MJ-18 that only has 12mm of excursion and its a great driver that produces some great bass. This thing should really rock. I don't think you can find a better driver for the price.

Comment

• joecarrow
                    • Apr 2005

It makes me wish I didn't live in an apartment, that's for sure!
                    -Joe Carrow

Comment

• cjd
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Dec 2004

That's why we like this for IB.
                      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Gir
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by joecarrow
                        It makes me wish I didn't live in an apartment, that's for sure!
                        Haha, sad thing is that I will be living in an apartment! I'll try to be a good neighboor... :twisted:
                        -Tyler

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"