X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kestrel
    • Feb 2007

And not knowing the difficulties ahead the journey begins

I'm in the final Planning stages of my next project..an MTMWW using CSS WR125STs, a Vifa D26NC55, and the Extremis 6.8s. Crossovers will most likely be around 3000 and 300 or 400. Before someone tries to talk me into different drivers it's too late. I allready have them! The cabinet will either be a narrow curved side enclosure or will look something like the rough attached drawing. I'm thinking that the extremis willbe ok crossed that low. Any comments/suggestions other than use other drivers?

Thx
    Attached Files
  • joecarrow
    • Apr 2005

The drivers seem fine. If I had to pick a set of drivers for someone's first three-way crossover, these would probably be them. No metal cones, so if you let them play too high of a frequency they'll just sound mushier than is optimal, but won't have harsh breakup that'll make you regret the whole thing.

My suggestion is that it will be far easier to do an active crossover from the top section to the woofers. As you can see in another thread, the interacting impedance of your high/band/low-pass filters can be a confusing and frustrating thing. If you can do an active cross, then you don't have to worry about that.

It could certainly all be done passively, but I think it will take more work. Do you have measurement equipment?
    -Joe Carrow

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"