X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebith75
    • Mar 2007

dayton 3-way design

I am currently rocking a pair of dayton br-1's that I "built" I am looking for a bit more sound and bass, instead of getting another pair and a sub I am interested in a 3-way design. I am not educated enough in speaker design to follow the dayton 3-way design that is on this site in mission possible section. My question is on the partsexpress website they have completed 3-way crossovers built, has anyone used these and how do I figure out what woofers and tweets are best to combo with these pre-made crossovers? thanks for the help
  • WillyD
    • Feb 2006

I can already tell you that no one on here (and for good reason) will recommend pre-built stock xovers.

You don't need to be educated to complete the designs here. The educated designers have done the work for you. All you need is $$$, time, and a bit of determination.

Comment

• rebith75
      • Mar 2007

ya know, I thought that might be the answer, i guess ill take the time to learn to read the crossover diagrams, time well worth it I suppose

Comment

• joecarrow
        • Apr 2005

VERY well worth it! You'll get amazing sound from any of the Mission Accomplished projects. Things have come a long way since the BR-1's in terms of driver quality- and the crossovers in Mission Accomplished do a good job of getting the most out of the drivers.

Some of the threads have good images of crossovers that have been built, including some labels on the parts and some explanation of how to do things.

You could build a smaller project first, just to get your feet wet without having to worry about a huge financial investment. Also, the people here are fairly good about helping you troubleshoot your crossovers if you can provide clear photos of what you've built.

If you think about it and decide that you really don't have the time or patience, there's no shame in that. Just let us know, and we can all recommend some decent brands of speakers that have better bang for the buck than typical Best Buy stuff.

I built the Modula MT, and I'm still quite impressed with the quality of the sound. It has almost all the bass I would want when I'm not watching movies. If you built a floorstanding Natalie Portman or Modula MTM, it would only be better. If you go for either of the Dayton RS three-ways, you won't be disappointed. You also won't find anything commercially for the cost of the parts that will compete with the sound. Really, that has a LOT to do with how much work went into the crossovers. The crossovers take into account all of the good and bad things about the drivers, and also the layout of the drivers on the baffle and the size of the cabinet.
        -Joe Carrow

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"