X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wilk
    • Oct 2006

LGP drivers

Does anyone here have any expereince with any of the LPG drivers at madisound.

I am paticularly interested in the following drivers.

and

good, bad, whatever ya got to say, I am thinking of maybe a simple 3 way with possibly soem 7" peerless exculsives, or Dayton Refs
  • spasticteapot
    • Mar 2007

Those are car drivers. Car drivers are generally inferior to home-audio drivers, except in that they're usually better at dealing with water and dirt.

I'd go for the good old-fashioned Seas 27TBFC/G or RS28A and an RS180; A.K.A, the good old Modula MT.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

3-ways are more than twice as complex as 2-ways.

My suggestion is to proceed with your 2-way concept, then follow the development of Jon's 3-way project as it comes to fruition.
      The Emperor has commanded that I undertake a new three way design study. The goal, as he put it, was a new box speaker with higher output capability (+ 6 dB) than the M8ta, but a similar overall approach. I am still puzzling over his enigmatic command to find "one rule to drive them all"; he suggested searching for
      Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 01:57 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"