Driver measurement - What kind of baffle?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Black300zx
    • Feb 2007

Driver measurement - What kind of baffle?

What's the best way to measure a driver's f/r? I'll be taking measurements of my css wr125's and dayton 3/4" neo tweeters soon. I already have the enclsosures built. Should I measure them on the baffle they'll be mounted on, measure them on an oversized baffle, or free air? If I measure them on a baffle, I'll obvisouly have diffraction effecting the measured F/R. How do I seperate diffraction effects from the actual response of the drivers. I could just use a diffraction simulator to figure out the effects, but if I'm using speaker workshop to measure their f/r so I can design a x-over, how do I account for diffraction effects in the measurement?
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

Measure on the tweeter axis in their box, both drivers with the mic in the same place. You have everything you need in those measurements - driver placement (x, y, and z axis,) baffle step, diffraction, etc. Just work on the crossover from there.

C
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"