X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gitarretyp
    • Oct 2006

Usher Klippel Test

I've seen mentioned a few times here and elsewhere that the Usher 8945A was recently measured by Klippel to have 10mm of xmax, and in the same test set, the Seas Excel W18EX had ~3mm of xmax. Does anyone have the actual reference for this information?
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

It was probably at DIYmobileaudio.com. I'll go look. npdang there does a lot of klippel measurements and publishes the data.

Comment

• fjhuerta
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2006

IIRC, the 10 mm figure was stated on PE's January or February flier, where an Usher speaker designed by Joe D'Appolito was described. I'm not absolutely sure, but I think I did read it there.
      Javier Huerta

Comment

• gitarretyp
        • Oct 2006

I read it there as well; however, they don't reference the source either --unless i'm to assume they did the test. It looks like npdang over on diymobileaudio did the excel test, but not the usher.

Comment

• Dennis H
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2002

Speaking of Usher, the exploded driver diagram on their web page look kinda like an Accuton/Thiel klone, complete with the grill over the front. I can't find which model it might be though.

Comment

• Feyz
            • Mar 2005

Speaking of Usher, the exploded driver diagram on their web page look kinda like an Accuton/Thiel klone, complete with the grill over the front. I can't find which model it might be though.
            That must be their new 5" beryllium (oxide ??) driver that they use at their top line. I haven't seen the inners nor the frame etc of an Accuton driver, but I think it is too early to just call it a clone because it uses a grill. The motor actually looks very much like their 8945A midwoofer's motor, with the particular shape of the T pole piece and the aluminum shorting rings. I used to have a simple technical drawing of the 8945A, that is why I am saying it.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"