2 items I found interesting.
    One while researching bass steering Bass here not there
    And another from my favorite Car audio site Pro 8" mid test

cheers,

AJ
    Manufacturer
  • JoshK
    • Mar 2005

I admit I don't understand how one would get good ending FR out of this driver given its raw response. This is most likely due to my complete inexperience with designing speakers. The response seems to jump 3-4dbs at 400hz and then starts climbing at 600hz and is getting jagged at 800hz. The driver is very sensitive so do you just knock everything down flat to 100db level in the 200-300hz area?

In that forum, npdang suggests using this driver up to 1khz and I am just trying to see how you would get there.

Comment

• cotdt
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by JoshK
      I admit I don't understand how one would get good ending FR out of this driver given its raw response. This is most likely due to my complete inexperience with designing speakers. The response seems to jump 3-4dbs at 400hz and then starts climbing at 600hz and is getting jagged at 800hz. The driver is very sensitive so do you just knock everything down flat to 100db level in the 200-300hz area?

In that forum, npdang suggests using this driver up to 1khz and I am just trying to see how you would get there.
      i think how the pro audio guys deal with it is to use active crossovers and EQ.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"