X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mayala
    • Mar 2006

15" tc-1000 vs 15"tc9

I'm pretty sure everyone it tired of reading these type of threads but i just didn't want to buy a sub without weighing my options. I know that the tc9 is the same motor used in the rlp-15 but it has about 6mm less xmax than the rl-p and im not sure if it has shorting rings in the motor. The tc-1000 15" does have a copper shorting ring similar xmax to the rlp but with a smaller motor. the prices are similar but the tc1000 is out of stock. i wanted to build a sonotube for my room, something that will match the performance of the nat. p's.should i wait for the tc1000's to get back into stock or will the tc9 be better. being budget minded.
    Last edited by mayala; 12 March 2007, 20:27 Monday.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Go with the TC-1000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• mayala
      • Mar 2006

thank you thomas.

Comment

• mayala
        • Mar 2006

well since the price of the tc1000 has gone up i was wondering how much different is the 15" tc2+. i know they use the same motor, but i can get a good deal on two for basically the same price as 115" tc1000. would you guys recommend them over the 1 tc1000?

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Don't know, never seen anyone offering 15" TC2+ for sale, don't know of anyone who's ever used one.

The 12" TC2+, which I have used, are good drivers.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"