Anyone use the Vifa XT25SC50-04 neo ring radiator tweeter?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mazeroth
    • Nov 2004

Anyone use the Vifa XT25SC50-04 neo ring radiator tweeter?

If so, any comments on its performance? I'm thinking of using it in my computer speakers and need a very small neo tweeter. I know the Vifa D26NC55 is a little bit better but I don't want to route that thing out. These will also be crossed around 3k to some Aura NS3-193s around 3k so low-end distortion shouldn't be a big concern. Oh, and of course, I like the looks of ring radiators! :B

Thanks!
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

Meh. Just grab one of the PE mini-domes, or perhaps the Aura mini-tweet Madisound has now.
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Mazeroth
      • Nov 2004

Use Zaph's java applet and toggle between the XT25SC50 and any of the Dayton neos:

Above 3k the XT25 has between 5-10db less distortion in different harmonics, and I don't see it once having worse distortion. Plus, 3k is not set in stone. It may drop down to 2.5 - 2.8k, I don't know. I can also pick them up for $20 each off a friend so that sweetens the deal.

One other question I did have. How much power do you think these XT25s can take if crossed between 2.5k and 3k?

Thanks.

Comment

• ch83575
        • Sep 2006

Wow, only 2/3 the new price... what a friend! :W Give him $20 for both and then you will have a deal.

But seriously, I have been playing with the new 16mm dayton tweeter and it is really cool. The increased dispersion is REALLY noticable. Now wether or not you would even need that I dont know. For the speakers I use at my office it is a big consideration because there are 3 of us in the same office listening to 1 stereo, so the super-wide dispersion is cool, if they are going to be on your desk and nearfield, perhapse you would even prefer the "controlled directivity" of the ring-rad. You just cant beat $5 per pop though :T .

-Chad

Comment

• Mazeroth
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ch83575
          Wow, only 2/3 the new price... what a friend! :W Give him $20 for both and then you will have a deal.
          Well, they are $32 each from Madisound and I wouldn't have to pay shipping so the deal he's giving me isn't so bad :P

I figure I'm going to have a decent amount of money in the mids and crossover so I might as well spend the extra $15 each and get the better tweeter. I was just wondering if anyone had any good or bad things to say about it or if I should try a Seas or some other small neo instead.

Comment

• nerd of nerds
            • Sep 2005

Just get the D26...

Case closed

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"