X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • augerpro
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2006

New sales at PE

RS series have a bit of price break but the HiVi stuff is super cheap! And the amp i bought a couple weeks ago is on sale
    ~Brandon 8O
    Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
    Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
    DriverVault
    Soma Sonus
  • jkrutke
    • Dec 2005

Some nice stuff in the new flyer but they they are still out of stock of the one item I need the most: a pair of RS52's. For a while the in-stock date said Feb 23 on the website. I assumed that had some meaning but I guess not. That date came and went and now it says March 30. I get the feeling PE really has no clue when they will get them again, if ever.

Maybe I'll give the 9845 Usher 2" dome a try since it's on sale. It's still a little pricey though.

That D6.8 Hi-Vi that Jon likes is on sale now.
    Zaph|Audio

Comment

• jkrutke
      • Dec 2005

Update: scratch that idea on the 9845 2" domes. I see no use at all for a 2" dome that has a 6" flange. Oh well, my 3.5 way goes back to waiting for the RS52's.
      Zaph|Audio

Comment

• Paul Ebert
        • May 2004

A 3.5 way using the RS52?! Sounds exceedingly interesting. Might you be willing to divulge more info?

Comment

• jkrutke
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Paul Ebert
          A 3.5 way using the RS52?! Sounds exceedingly interesting. Might you be willing to divulge more info?
          Nope, it's a secret. :B DIY is saturated with RS52 designs right now, so I don't feel any need to put another one out there. I've wanted to try one for myself ever since I tested a borrowed pair a while ago.

But anyway, I spoke too soon about RS52 stock. Just a half hour ago it popped back into stock. Get 'em while they're hot. I predict they will be back out of stock within 2 weeks. Now I can complete this design which has been pushed aside for months, so I can move on to designs that have been pushed aside for years.
          Zaph|Audio

Comment

• Dennis H
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by jkrutke
            Update: scratch that idea on the 9845 2" domes. I see no use at all for a 2" dome that has a 6" flange. Oh well, my 3.5 way goes back to waiting for the RS52's.
            Errrr, have you checked the size of the RS52 flange? If I'm not mistaken it's an OEM Usher, only a bit smaller, with a metal dome.

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

I would like to start building some DIY designs before too long....Maybe when one of the RS52 designs get finalized I will build it.

Comment

• jdybnis
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Dennis H
                Errrr, have you checked the size of the RS52 flange? If I'm not mistaken it's an OEM Usher, only a bit smaller, with a metal dome.
                AFAIK it's a Peerless India (no relation to Peerless Denmark and Tymphany).

-Josh

Comment

• jkrutke
                  • Dec 2005

Edit: Doh. Josh beat me. Deleting my post. :B

But I will add it's a 5" flange, somewhat more suited to midrange use with less lobing.
                  Zaph|Audio

Comment

• Dennis H
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by jdybnis
                    AFAIK it's a Peerless India (no relation to Peerless Denmark and Tymphany).

http://www.peerlessaudio.com/product...n3.asp?mname=1
                    Oops, my mistake. Still, I don't see a lot of difference between a 5-1/8 and a 5-7/8 flange in the big scheme of things. They're both too big.

Comment

• fjhuerta
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jun 2006

What's the advantage of using something like the RS52 instead of... say, a 4" driver like the RS125 as a mid? Now that they are back in stock, I'm curious.
                      Javier Huerta

Comment

• Jed
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by fjhuerta
                        What's the advantage of using something like the RS52 instead of... say, a 4" driver like the RS125 as a mid? Now that they are back in stock, I'm curious.
                        RS125 range up to 2.5kish, more like 2K, so figure 300hz-2K useable range.
                        RS52 low distortion up to 4Kish but limited to a 600hz(ish) crossover so figure 800-4K useable range. The RS52 seems to have lower distortion where the ear is most sensitive, 1-5k and opens up many choices for tweeters. Ribbon, neo domes etc.

Jed

Comment

• joecarrow
                          • Apr 2005

Don't forget that it keeps a wider dispersion than a 4" mid, allowing a more seamless off-axis integration with a tweeter. If crossed to a woofer with good dispersion up to 800 hz, you would have a fairly smooth directivity across the system's entire range.
                          -Joe Carrow

Comment

• JonMarsh
                            Mad Max Moderator
                            • Aug 2000

They had some good price drops on HiVi stuff, too, so I've got some more D6.8's on the way.
                            the AudioWorx
                            Natalie P
                            M8ta
                            Modula Neo DCC
                            Modula MT XE
                            Modula Xtreme
                            Isiris
                            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                            Minerva Monitor
                            Calliope
                            Ardent D

In Development...
                            Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
                            Obi-Wan
                            Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
                            Modula PWB
                            Calliope CC Supreme
                            Natalie P Ultra
                            Natalie P Supreme
                            Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
                            Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• fjhuerta
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Jed
                              RS125 range up to 2.5kish, more like 2K, so figure 300hz-2K useable range.
                              RS52 low distortion up to 4Kish but limited to a 600hz(ish) crossover so figure 800-4K useable range. The RS52 seems to have lower distortion where the ear is most sensitive, 1-5k and opens up many choices for tweeters. Ribbon, neo domes etc.

Jed
                              Thanks a lot!

I have a 4 RS125's, but my MTMWW project is still far away from being built. It may turn out to be a TMWW with the RS52... I have to think about it.

Meanwhile... thanks for the tip on the PE sales. I just ordered 4 Dayton RS225 woofers and a pair of RS28A's (I really, really love that tweeter)...
                              Javier Huerta

Comment

• Eton
                                • Jun 2006

$ 55.00 for D6.8. Too bad it only has 12 mounting holes.

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"