X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kestrel
    • Feb 2007

XT19 or BG3 PDR

Pls someone who have heard these two tweeters help me decide which tweeter I should us in my next project. The project is going to be a MTMWW using CSS wr125STs and Extremis 6.8s. Right now I have pair of DIY speakers using rs180s, Peerless HDS134s & MDT33s. I find the MDT33s just a little to laid back, smooth but a bit too laid back. I really liked the old Infinity speakers with their ribbons so I thought I might try the BGs. But the XT19s are interesting and are getting some good reviews. Any suggestions/comments would be very welcomed.
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

For an MTM I'd go with a tweeter than can cross at 2K or below @ LR4, that MAY leave out the Vifa XT19 as a possible choice (waveguides excluded of course :B )

Comment

• Dennis H
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2002

If you want a proven design, DIYcable has one close to that - WM/TW - using the same woofers and mid along with an Usher tweeter. I think Dan Wiggins of Adire designed the crossover. The Usher tweet is considered very good but you could probably swap in either of the ones you mentioned if you have measuring equipment and the ability to design your own tweeter crossover.

diycable.com - Contact us for any business inquiries

Edit: and here's the tower version.

Comment

• kestrel
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Jed
        For an MTM I'd go with a tweeter than can cross at 2K or below @ LR4, that MAY leave out the Vifa XT19 as a possible choice (waveguides excluded of course :B )
        Why so low? The wr125st edge to center is only 2.125" and the xt19 is only 1.85" to center. By my calculation that would allow a crossover of 3k.

Comment

• kestrel
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dennis H
          If you want a proven design, DIYcable has one close to that - WM/TW - using the same woofers and mid along with an Usher tweeter. I think Dan Wiggins of Adire designed the crossover. The Usher tweet is considered very good but you could probably swap in either of the ones you mentioned if you have measuring equipment and the ability to design your own tweeter crossover.

Edit: and here's the tower version.

http://www.diycable.com/main/pdf/2641.pdf
          Thanks Dennis, I've seen that I'm shooting for something a little more efficient. In fact I'm planning on going active on the woofers with a passive between the mids and tweeter. I allready have the drivers with the exception of the tweeters. I also have the amps.

Comment

• Jed
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kestrel
            Why so low? The wr125st edge to center is only 2.125" and the xt19 is only 1.85" to center. By my calculation that would allow a crossover of 3k.
            Less beaming and a smoother power response. A lot of the MTMs I've heard that I didn't like were made such that the designer crossed over too high.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"