X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smbear
    • Feb 2007

need help IF Q18 and RLP 15

i am trying to find the best bang for the buck and the q 18 seems to win unless you can inform me of better choices . the problem is from what i can find the q 18 needs 24 cubic feet ? the rlp 15 needs 280 L . big box or tube size difference . i really want the 18's but it looks like they will take up too much real estate . i want to go ported LLT . i will be running 2 sets of drivers in seperate enclosures. any help . also i cant find all the perameters to put into winisdpro.
    Last edited by smbear; 22 February 2007, 23:20 Thursday.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Obviously the .Q18" will move much more air than the RL-p15".

The issue with the .Q18 is it's high Qts.

I have no idea what you mean when you say either driver 'needs' a specific box size.

You can put either driver in a smaller box and lower the Qtc with a Linkwitz-Transform circuit.

WinISD Pro is picky about the T/S parameters, that's one reason why I refuse to use it.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Al Garay
      • Jan 2004

Is there a way to enable spell checker?

Comment

• Bent
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2003

^
        :rofl:

Comment

• Mazeroth
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Al Garay
          Is there a way to enable spell checker?
          Posts like this add nothing to the topic. You know, some people have different upbringings or learning characteristics. :nono:

Comment

• Dennis H
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2002

Spell checker: is that like using eye of newt when you should have used bat wings?

Comment

• augerpro
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Dennis H
              Spell checker: is that like using eye of newt when you should have used bat wings?
              I once turned an old hag into a gorgeous babe. The magic potion was very simple. Fifteen beers. :B
              ~Brandon 8O
              Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
              Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
              DriverVault
              Soma Sonus

Comment

• smbear
                • Feb 2007

wow thanks for the spelling bashing . i spend a lot of time on the motorcycle and car forums helping people a lot with their custom work and mods . keeping their cars running so they can make it to work . i dont think that i have ever seen anyone on those forums ever bash someone for their spelling . this all coming from senior members none the less .you guys should be proud of yourselves .did you call your young children over and show them and laugh or did they look at you like something was wrong with you ?

thanks to those of you that answered my questions . it looks like i will be going with the rlp 15 ported 260L . the sono tubes will not take up a lot of real estate . now if i could only get some software that works (i know its me im not computer friendly)

Comment

• Bent
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2003

ok - I see it differently now
                  my apologies - I am being somewhat of a hypocrite by laughing anyways.

Do a search for a speaker design program called Unibox, it is free - you need excell are required to set it to allow macros.

You enter the T/S parameters and see what it tells you, then adjust what you wish and it shows you the changes.

Comment

• Dennis H
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Aug 2002

Smbear, in case you missed it, I was making fun of the guy who mentioned a 'spell checker' (something Ron and Harry, but never Hermione, might use to cheat on their Hogwarts exams?), not you.

Comment

• ---k---
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Nov 2005

I have to admit that I'm such a bad speller, I didn't even notice the spelling mistakes the first time. Off topic, one of the great things about the new version of FireFox is the inline spellchecker, just like Word or whatever. I'm sure the differance between my posts at home with FireFox and at work using IE.
                      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• ThomasW
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Here's a little Unibox tutorial I did for Wilk

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"