X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprtfan
    • May 2006

Nat P w/ subwoofer as a stand design idea

Over on AVS someone made a Rythmic subwoofer in a trapezoid box. I thought this type of design could work well and I could use the sub box to sit the Nat P on. I used sketchup to draw the box and I wanted some feedback and what drawbacks this type of lay out could have. I was going to use a Rythmic subwoofer also and the sub box should be around 2 ft3. I should mention this is my first shot at DIY and also my first time using sketchup so I'm open to any pointers on either.
    Attached Files
  • yousuredo2
    • Jun 2006

you can go to scetchup models and look up DIY and find alot from me...
    Natp being at least one of em...
    My System
    ~ BenQ w5000 DLP 1080p Projector
    ~ Sony Bravia SXRD KDS-60A3000
    ~ Onkyo tx sr805
    ~ Sony PS.3
    ~ Xbox 360
    ~ Natalie P's Main L/R
    ~ Polk Csi A6 -Center
    ~ Polk RTi6 Rears
    ~ Behringer ep2500
    ~ Behringer Fbq 2496

Comment

• joecarrow
      • Apr 2005

Just a few drawbacks I see-

-The legs under the woofer might be better off if they were a little longer. The open area between the woofer and the room must be at least as great as the area of the surface of the woofer.

-The distance between the woofer and the MTM section will limit how high you can run the crossover between the MTMs and the sub. If you want to use a sub that's good for much higher than 100hz, consider moving the sub to the front of the enclosure, just below the midwoofers.

-Some subs are OK with being mounted facing down, others are not. It's a good idea to double check that with the manufacturer.

Other than that, it looks very nice. If you plan on using the subs for really low bass instead of as a bass bin, then the configuration is great. Oh yeah- and a single sealed 12" probably won't play as loudly and lowly as you'd want for something with the capabilities of the Natalie P. Either a good ported 12", or a sealed long excursion 15" is all I would even bother with unless the crossover frequency was high enough to seriously reduce excursion of the RS180s.

Good start!
      -Joe Carrow

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"