X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruhthakuga
    • Feb 2007

Introduction

Friends,
    I am Bruhthakuga, a dirivitive of Kuga, a nick name my brothers and sisters called me growing up. It's an unlikely name that I'd find already taken as a user name and thus I have less user names to remember.

Anyway, I know a little about electronics and PC repair, I know consumer level autorepair, maybe a little more, OK, A lot more but I am not a technition. I am sports challenged, my favorite team is SG1. YUP! Sci-Fi is my sports, the last game I watched the mets was playing lakers and won 96 love in double overtime with a hole in one.

I have always wanted a real good stereo but never could afford one so I compromised and sold my kids and a kidney and bought an upper low class AV reciever, an Onkyo AV TX-SR603X. Now I need speakers and want a really good set(4) Anyway I a m a recovering PC hardware junkie, and a recovering perfectionist. I already know that I shouldn't be doing this but it's too late. I am having speaker building dreams already, really. I thougt I was being slick and after building $300 plus Sub I put off building the home set and decided to just make a set of speakers for my car so that I will at lease have a place to listen to good loud music till I prepare myself to make the home set without getting consumed, I'm in trouble.

I have digested most of the info in Speaker Building 201 and realized that I was presumptous in my selection of rear woofers and tweeters for my car as they don't match well. The Dayton RS150S8's peaking and breakup reagion is about 1.5KHz and DC28FS-8's Fs is 950 which leaves me too short a band to crossover effectively, I can do better.

I am going to ask a lot of questions, I also find that's it's better to pretty much keep it to one question to a post so I will have a lot of post, have tollorance for me for I have speakers still in boxes and one factory speaker working in my car, that's no way to live.

I'm rambling, I stop
    Sincerely Bruh.
  • Mazeroth
    • Nov 2004

Welcome, BRUHTHA! :T

Comment

• joecarrow
      • Apr 2005

Welcome to HTguide! Have a look at the Mission Accomplished section- there's some great stuff in there. There are some good links to reference websites, and thorough documentation of the design and building of some really high quality speakers.

There's really no limit to how much time, money, and obsession that can go into this hobby- but don't worry about that too much. You can also get excellent results just by building one of the established designs.
      -Joe Carrow

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"