X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sokoban
    • Apr 2006

Trapped in the closet

I'm working on turning an extra bedroom in my house into an HT room, and was wondering if the walk in closet was big enough for an IB. It is 6 feet deep, 9 feet high, and 3.5 feet wide. I was thinking of just removing the door from its hinges and making a new door for the IB so that when I move, it would be easy to convert it back to a regular closet.
  • Gir
    • Dec 2006

It should be since you have roughly 5,352 liters in there. How are you going to mount everything and keep it accessible?
    -Tyler

Under deadline pressure for the next week. If you want something, it can wait. Unless it's blind screaming paroxysmally hedonistic...

Comment

• sokoban
      • Apr 2006

I was planning on building a new door for the closet on which I would mount the drivers. I would probably use a few latches to keep the door firmly shut and make the new door out of MDF or something.

Comment

• Gir
        • Dec 2006

Just make sure that it seals up nicely. Shouldn't be too hard to manage. Have fun with the project!
        -Tyler

Under deadline pressure for the next week. If you want something, it can wait. Unless it's blind screaming paroxysmally hedonistic...

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

You might want to line the inside with fiberglass to make the space look a bit larger to the drivers.

The "Standard Fiberglass, Flat Panel Traps" talked about in the link below are cheap and easy

Choose drivers with a low Vas

Here's an interesting variant

More here....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"