X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joegibs
    • Mar 2006

help with dayton titanic enclosure for car audio

I've been running two 15" dayton titanics in my jeep's audio setup for nearly two years now, and have always run them sealed. i absolutly love them, and wont change them unless i blow them, and even then i'll replace them. the only way i'm giving them up is if they are no longer produced and mine blow.

anyways- i'm wanting to build a ported enclosure for them for when i bring my jeep to sound competitions. I competed at a local thing last summer, and managed to pull a 140.8db legal, 143.xdb with the vehicle running, and this was sealed with 1000 watts rms. (not sure if anyone here understands the car audio world, sorry if im confusing) this year, when i go around to local things for fun, i want to make the most of my equipment, and to do so i need a ported enclosure to switch in place of my sealed enclosure.

i'll be running ONLY between 45hz and 52hz, so i'm wanting to build an enclosure that's proper size, tuned to about 50hz. what kind of air space does a titanic 15" work well with in a ported enclosure? (net air space, not gross)

this is a little un-usual for the HT guys, but you guys will know much more about this driver than any car audio forum.

thanks for any help, much appreciated
  • Tommythecat
    • Nov 2005

I'd really ask the guys over at the termpro forum (dbdrag), but from what i've seen for strictly burping - try 6-7 cubes @ 45Hz w/100 sq in of port.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"