X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdybnis
    • Dec 2004

Great deals on TC Sounds drivers

TC sounds is apparently doing a major clearance. They are selling 12" and 15" TC-3000's for $250 and $300. They've also got a version of the 12" TC-1000 with a stamped frame going for $75! http://tcsounds.com/

I also found this on westcostcaraudio.net http://www.westcoastcaraudio.net/viewtopic.php?t=375

Be stereo is having a forum sale on all tc2+ sub woofers. Any size TC2+ sub woofer for 60+ shipping. This will be a 30 day sale. Yes this means 15's(limited quantities),12's and 10's all the same price. Shoot us a PM or an email at sales@bestereo.com for any and all info.

Thanks,

Brandon

-Co Owner Bestereo-
    -Josh
  • sprtfan
    • May 2006

Would this driver work in an IB or would it be best in a sealed box?

Comment

• joecarrow
      • Apr 2005

The DB-500, with its stamped frame, is probably best for applications where the magnet side is not exposed to the listening room. The 12" single voicecoil looks reasonably well suited to normal IB use, if your opposing pairs both fire into the room. I would expect some wind noise out of the holes in the stamping.
      -Joe Carrow

Comment

• Amphiprion
        • Apr 2006

I heard Deon is leaving. I wonder what all is going on over there...

Comment

• jdybnis
          • Dec 2004

Who is Deon? Does he design the drivers there?
          -Josh

Comment

• Exocer
            • Feb 2006

Deon leaving?! Why??

Comment

• capslock
              • Dec 2004

well, I asked them for a shipping quote (which they said must be done before any international order) and haven't heard from them in over a week

Comment

• Ludvig
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by capslock
                well, I asked them for a shipping quote (which they said must be done before any international order) and haven't heard from them in over a week
                I have mailed them several times for shipping quotes in two periods during the last months but I never get any replies. They seem to be uninterested to ship overseas.

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

If people can use any of the SoundSplinter products, you'll find Mike is very willing to ship overseas.

TC-Sounds will ship overseas. I have a feeling that they're a bit overwhelmed with logistics now that they're selling direct to the public. So just be patient....

Understand that any of these companies (Soundsplinter, Fi, TC-Sounds, Ascendant, etc) are very small operations. So they get stuck in the catch-22 of do we fill orders, or take time off to answer emails?

In addition these new, very heavy, high excursion drivers, literally require crating, and that's VERY labor intensive.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• AJINFLA
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by capslock
                    Eric, I just pm'd you.
                    Manufacturer

Comment

• JoshK
                      • Mar 2005

I was just about to pp bespeakers for 4 of the 15"ers after they gave me quote with shipping and their pp address and then they emailed me they were gone. Too bad, that was a great deal.

Comment

• AJINFLA
                        • Mar 2005

Sorry Josh.
                        Manufacturer

Comment

• TurboFC3S
                          • Nov 2006

He still has plenty of 10's and 12's available though ...

I'm thinking now might be a good time to ditch my Velodyne DPS-12 and build a real sub

Comment

• tyler
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ThomasW
                            Understand that any of these companies (Soundsplinter, Fi, TC-Sounds, Ascendant, etc) are very small operations. So they get stuck in the catch-22 of do we fill orders, or take time off to answer emails?

I have also inquired about there drivers but recieved no response.
                            You just have to patient with them as Thomas said.

Comment

• Amphiprion
                              • Apr 2006

From what I've heard, Deon has moved to San Antonio to live with his fiance and is considering going back to school. I don't know what additional details/reasons there might be about TC involved, but I imagine long distance engagements didn't help.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"