X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digital desire
    • Dec 2006

Weird flea bay ad.

Am I missing something? The towers look like they are ported, yet the specs call out for:
    4 x 6.5" woofers (3 active ones + 1 radiator)

I know these must amount to "white van" type speakers, but come on!
    (I have never heard of ported + radiator in the same alignment - does this actually happen?)
    Peter
    Syracuse, N.Y.
  • joecarrow
    • Apr 2005

No, I don't think it would actually happen. I've seriously seen imitation tweeters in white van speakers. They seriously had a round plastic flange with a little dome in the middle- you open up the cabinet, and you realize the "tweeter" doesn't have any electrical connection, or even any conductive elements!
    -Joe Carrow

Comment

• fjhuerta
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2006

Those speakers are seriously cheap. I wonder what the catch is.
      Javier Huerta

Comment

• digital desire
        • Dec 2006

The catch? There Junk?
        I know what you mean though, it would cost *something* even to make junk.
        Peter
        Syracuse, N.Y.

Comment

• warnerwh
          • Jan 2006

It actually looks like a nice set of speakers to those with no knowledge. Many times I've heard people qualify large with many drivers meaning they must be good when in reality a small two way would outperform them with ease.

Comment

• Andy_G
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by digital desire
            http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DREAM-ACOUSTI...QQcmdZViewItem
            Am I missing something? The towers look like they are ported, yet the specs call out for:
            4 x 6.5" woofers (3 active ones + 1 radiator)

I know these must amount to "white van" type speakers, but come on!
            (I have never heard of ported + radiator in the same alignment - does this actually happen?)

At $51 a set, it might even be worth buying just to find out how bad they are...

nope....... on second thoughts........ don't think so :lol:

Comment

• fjhuerta
              Super Senior Member
              • Jun 2006

Exactly... I can't imagine how they'd look like IRL. Or what kind of components they can afford for the price.
              Javier Huerta

Comment

• Brandon B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jun 2001

The catch? There Junk?
                I can tell you as someone whose company has been looking at manufacturing in China where these are made, you could build that set of speakers for that and make a profit if shipping is not included.

Labor and even to some extent material costs are just insanely low. And honestly, they might not even completely suck, although that would be the outcome I would bet heavily on myself.

BB

Comment

• HMenke
                  • Feb 2006

Looks like they have a pretty extensive lineup on their website:

Comment

• digital desire
                    • Dec 2006

They are purty, eh?
                    Not that I am in the market, but I have never heard of them before.
                    Do you suppose they are the evolution of the white van company?
                    Peter
                    Syracuse, N.Y.

Comment

• HMenke
                      • Feb 2006

IMO these speakers are not as bad as white van speakers, but they are far from being as good as they seem to look. I read some Australian forum traffic about these. Several people who tried them said they were passable for low-end HT but not acceptable for music.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"