X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tommythecat
    • Nov 2005

Snow + Horns + 20,000W

Here's a little project we (student AES) are finishing up this week. I figure this crowd is a little more receptive to horns and the like - plus you'd consider some of your projects "over the top" in comparison to others.

Okay, so dont worry about your little computer speakers - they aren't getting worked on. This is the student-AES chapter of MTU's Winter Carnival Statue Thread. The basic design is a three-way stereo -> mono sub system with some complementary rear noise makers (this will not be a surround...

Most of the information about Winter Carnival, who "we" are, and whats going on will be collected here. But if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask here - no need to join up there if you dont want, they're mostly hosting the pictures.

Thanks.
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

HTGuide motto: if some is good, more is better and too much is just barely enough.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

That's GREAT!!!!!

My hat's off to you guys.... :T :B

Dennis forgot our other motto....

"There's no excess like wretched excess"..... 8O 8) :E

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Scott Simonian
        • Nov 2004

That is the craziest implementation of sound, I must say...

What is keeping the whole thing from tumbling down when you hit the high SPL's?
        My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• Tommythecat
          • Nov 2005

The statue is made by placing forms of 4x8' sheets of plywood into "blocks", droping snow in, and someone with a hose stomps it down. It's almost pure ice.

The 2x4' in the mouth of the horn will come out tonight, its just for show now. The statue is quite solid. While we wont chance it, but im sure we could put a half-dozen people right at the peak of the bass horn on top.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"