X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArvinK
    • Jun 2003

Modula MT Power Requirements

Any Modula MT builders out there care to opine on the power handling capability of the MT? What is the safe limit for this system? Thanks.
  • Evil Twin
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

It depends on the type of program material, crest to average ratio, etc. Some program material is so compressed these days (Santanna Supernatural CD) that the thermal heating is high. Then, there are reasonble Xmax limits. With a single 7" woofer, peak outputs in the range of 96-100 dB are all you should expect. With a nominal sensitivity of around 83 dB/watt, this translates to about 60-75 watts/channel. Now, you can have more, but just expect to exercise caution or restraint. They were developed on Aragon 8008X3 amplifier, which is 270 watts/channel.
    DFAL
    Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

• ArvinK
      • Jun 2003

Thanks for your reply. I'm building a pair right now and I will have them incorporated as surrounds for movies with about 130W per channel available. I will also be doing some 5-ch stereo listening with them at moderate levels. Any issues with that arrangement?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"