X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timbo
    • Jan 2006

Crossover assembly

If someone found a crossover schematic for one of these DIY projects but had ZERO....NATA electrical parts experience....Where could someone go to have it assembled for them?
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Timbo
    If someone found a crossover schematic for one of these DIY projects but had ZERO....NATA electrical parts experience....Where could someone go to have it assembled for them?

It is helpful, especially for questions like this, when one's public profile indicates what part of the world one lives in ...

Comment

• jonathanb3478
      • May 2006

If in the US, then a community college electronics lab/classroom would contain many persons capable of what little is needed to assemble a passive crossover.

Probably even some that would wire it up for a sandwich or something.
      Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
      -Vernon Sanders Law

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

Some of us 'round here have done assembly in the past for folks, but as Paul mentioned, it is helpful to mention where you live.
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Timbo
          • Jan 2006

Sorry, I see I need to look at my profile. I live near San Deigo.....

Comment

• Chris7
            • Dec 2006

You might also consider giving the assembly a try yourself. Speaker crossover parts are big and nicely heat tolerant. There really isn't anything fiddly or tricky, unlike other types of electronic soldering. Any soldering iron will do, you don't need anything fancy for this. Just pick up a $20 Radio Shack one and give it a whirl.

Comment

• Bri
              • Dec 2006

Like Chris said, I'd try giving it a go yourself - it's not as hard as you might think! Just google for "how to solder" and practice a bit on some scrap wires. Aside from soldering you just need some scrap wood, a hot glue gun, some terminal strips (european style are nice), and some bits of wire. It does take some time though - especially if you need to unwind inductors. I'm in the process of making 9 boards for 3 Modula MTMs and while it's taking a bit more time than I imagined, it's also quite fun. Here are some guidelines I use:
              - Use 63/37 or 60/40 Sn/Pb solder (pretty standard).
              - Tin your surfaces before making the joint.
              - Use lots of flux paste (activated rosin, not "no clean" or water soluble types)

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"