X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LNeilB
    • Jun 2005

I'm baffled.

Aw hell it's Friday, excuse the pun.

I just got a pair of PE .5 cu ft cabinets. I don't know any local woodworkers.

Is there anyone who I might mail the baffles to in order to have them cut for the Krutke L18?

Name your price.

Cheers,

Neil
    Last edited by LNeilB; 02 February 2007, 22:15 Friday.
  • Biff
    • Jul 2006

Try any local cabinet shops, or car audio installers. Either one should have a circle jig and router set and tag you for a couple bucks and on you go!

Comment

• cotdt
      • Oct 2005

it's very easy to do. you can learn it and it will pay off. the tools aren't too expensive, either.

Comment

• LNeilB
        • Jun 2005

Ok

I'm all for that. What do I need to buy? I'll have to cut port holes in the cabinets as well.

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

• jhd
          • Feb 2006

Three things:

1. A hand-held router (not a table-mounted router). For cutting holes, any router will do, but I would recommend a variable-speed router with a 1/2" shank. (Most inexpensive routers come with a 1/4" shank.)

2. A straight router bit for cutting.

3. A Jasper Circle Jig from Parts Express (or elsewhere?) to cut perfect circles.

Routers are easy to use and really useful. Probably the #1 or #2 power tool for DIY speaker builders (before or after a table saw).

Comment

• cjd
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Dec 2004

If you're handy you can make a jig similar to jasper...

And, get a plunge router not a fixed base router.

Also, for driver cutouts 1/4" is probably fine as most of us use 1/4" diameter bits for that... I like spiral upcut though for a finished surface I'll do the first pass 1/16" deep cut with a spiral downcut.

C
            diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• LNeilB
              • Jun 2005

der

Just realized a friend does cabinetmaking. Heading over tomorrow to have him zip through it. :T

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"