X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marks alot
    • Mar 2006

HELP!!! before I finish ...

I have built a set of John Krutke's L18/27BFCG http://www.zaphaudio.com/audio-speaker17.html
    monitor and just test fitted and taped the drivers down with a basic audition and during playback of cd's it sounded like someone was turning the volume up and down slightly over and over again.

I followed the schematic for the crossover ( including physical layout of components ) but used a combination of x-over components by dayton and some from madisound. I did this to make sure all values were the same including resistance of inductors.

Number of things come to mind that may be wrong.

- damage of components during soldering.
    - the fact they were just taped down.
    - polarity

I know the physical layout and assembly of the x-over is fine checked it over and over. Schematics are easy. But I do need more of a grasp on the behavior of signals within a circuit. But I think I know enough about this that this up and down of volue is not attributed to simply a faulty x-over.

Just wanted to weed out anything before I started the whole finish aspect of this project. Im thinking I just need to get the drivers screwed down. But had to throw this out there.
  • bob barkto
    • Dec 2006

First thing I would do is connect the speakers to a different source and see if the problem persists.
    Play some pink noise if you can...

Comment

• Marks alot
      • Mar 2006

Gosh this post was made so long ago and discovered it was the CD Player ... but I figured I would post the product.

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Yeah it would have to be really..I can't imagine any problem with the crossover would be able to make the sound level go up and down like that.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"