First Home Theatre Subwoofer WinISD questions :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TweakGames
    • Jan 2007

First Home Theatre Subwoofer WinISD questions :)

Hello all. I have been playing with WinISD alpha for about a week now just messing around looking at the stock speakers in the stock database.
    I have a what I think, a nice assortment of subwoofers, from 12 to 15 inch that I am interested or was interested in getting.

Here is how they graph.

And here are the speakers, box size, and tuning frequency that I had each set to.

I have a couple questions if if you don't mind. ( They might be super noob questions and I'm sorry.) But first, I have a pretty DECENT background in subwoofers and box design. I used to compete in DB drags with my 94 cavalier. I was able to hit 152 legally with only 2 12 apline type R's, and 1200 W to each. ANYWAYS that being said, I obviously know nothing about sound quality and what to look for for a home theater setup. I keep getting in a bad habit of wanting to increase the box size and raising the tuning frequency to see the huge spike, but even I know that isn't going to work.

My first question is, does Adire and JBL lie about their specs? Why was it so easy for me to get such a flat response with only a +- of .5 DB?

Second question is, I have heard so much good about the sound splinter RL-P15, why does it graph so bad?

Now, I know that this is only what it SHOULD sound like in a perfect world and such, and that the real response is going to look like a 3 year old's first experience with a crayon. But from the graph I see no reason to not get an adire brahama driver. To good to be true? I'm guessing yes.

Thanks again for your guys time. I'm slowly starting to get excited to break out the tools.
  • TweakGames
    • Jan 2007

wow, ok I stumbled onto something that might have completly changed my ideas. I was on tranfer function magnitue, and converted over to SPL. Wow what a difference. So what one of these is the response?

Comment

• WillyD
      • Feb 2006

The stock Adire and SoundSplinter parameters are outdated.

Comment

• warnerwh
        • Jan 2006

Willy: Can you bring us up to date? I just used the same program to model a dual Soundsplinter ported sub using the included T/S parameters.

What's the difference(s)? Thank You

Comment

• WillyD
          • Feb 2006

Hey,

The newest parameters are available on the SS website:

The differences are pretty huge, IMO. I'll let you compare.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"