X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JorgenMan
    • Jan 2006

Router base plate holes

I've got a Mastergrip router (from Costco). I think the design is the same as one of the Craftsman models, but I'm not sure. I would like to know so that as I search for accessories for my router (like the Jasper Jig), I can be sure it will fit my router. If I knew it was the same as, say, the Sears model 315.275.000, I could just check for that.

Does anyone know of any place on the web that has a list of what hole configurations each router model uses? For example, mine has four holes in a rectangular pattern, 6.75 cm center-to-center on the short side, 10.5 cm center-to-center on the long side. Any thoughts?
    -Aaron
    You can't spell geek without EE!
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

There's no website with this comparison information.

I doubt that the MasterCraft is made by Ryobi (maker of most Sears tools).

You seem to have 2 options, order a Jasper jig and see if it fits. Pull the plate off yours and take it with you to places that sell routers, so you can compare the hole patterns.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Turn2
      • Dec 2006

My Skil 1820 base plate attaches with 4 holes but didn't match those of the Jasper jig. Bewildered, I twirled and twirled until I stumbled on 3 holes that lined up in an equilateral triangle. Then I had to search all over town to find 3 screws of the right size and thread count because these were different from the holes and screws where the original base plate attached. Crazy!

It would be a real benefit if you could try before you buy. Next best thing would be if there were a way to produce a real size template of the jig somehow.

Good luck!

Comment

• warnerwh
        • Jan 2006

I bought a cheap chinese router off of Ebay and took my chances with the Jasper Jig. My router just says Router on it. Good brand huh? :lol: It had the right holes so it's fine. There's a pretty long list of what they will fit as there's alot of holes for various routers.

PE will take it back if it doesn't fit your router. If you buy something from PE be sure to go there by clicking the link at the top of this page. Thanks

Comment

• JorgenMan
          • Jan 2006

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like it may be easier to try my luck with a DIY jig for now.
          -Aaron

Comment

• gimpy
            • Sep 2004

Jorgen, if the pic that Thomas posted is of your router, you can make a real easy/simple jig using similar setup as the edge guide shown with it. Buy some dowels or round bars that fit thru those "edge guide" holes. Then drill a couple of holes in a piece of wood (maybe 1"X2" by 3 or 4 inces long) that the dowels go through. Center a pin in the piece of wood and you have it made.

Frank

Comment

• Chris7
              • Dec 2006

I've always used homemade circle jigs. The advantage is that you can be as precise as you want (the Jasper jigs aren't precise enough if you're obsessive about that kind of thing, though the Sears one John Krutke uses seems good), plus it's cheaper. The disadvantage is that it usually takes a couple of tries to configure a homemade jig exactly right, which requires time and some scrap material.

Comment

• Inu_Yasha
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Chris7
                I've always used homemade circle jigs. The advantage is that you can be as precise as you want (the Jasper jigs aren't precise enough if you're obsessive about that kind of thing, though the Sears one John Krutke uses seems good), plus it's cheaper. The disadvantage is that it usually takes a couple of tries to configure a homemade jig exactly right, which requires time and some scrap material.
                How do you make a homemade jig? Also, is it possible to cut small circles with a homemade one (ones like the size of a tweeter or a dowel).

Comment

• JorgenMan
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Inu_Yasha
                  How do you make a homemade jig?
                  Here are a few ideas:
                  -Aaron

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"