X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warnerwh
    • Jan 2006

Here's my one day sub build

Took one day to complete this. It still needs more stain and varnish but is playing now. The box is 6.5cuft with a Dayton 500 watt plate amp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	onedaysub.gif
Views:	816
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	868336

You guys have me addicted to this already. I'd like to do a small 2 way for my daughter to get my feet wet doing a crossover. Then my HT speakers will need to be done. After that I should be ready for a world class pair of speakers for myself. :B
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 18:13 Thursday. Reason: Update image location
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by warnerwh
    Took one day to complete this. It still needs more stain and varnish but is playing now. The box is 6.5cuft with a Dayton 500 watt plate amp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	onedaysub.gif Views:	711 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	868336

You guys have me addicted to this already. I'd like to do a small 2 way for my daughter to get my feet wet doing a crossover. Then my HT speakers will need to be done. After that I should be ready for a world class pair of speakers for myself. :B

Looking good - one day !? You should be able to punch out the rest of the stuff on that list in a week or two
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 18:13 Thursday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• warnerwh
      • Jan 2006

Thanks Paul. While I don't have to work I may as well accomplish something. Besides I have to finish a large HT sub I'm doing for a friend so I had to get this one done and out of my way. Still need fiberglass, baffles and drivers for that one. My friend will be in town in a couple of days to get it. Last word is they're going to have it upholstered to match their furniture. Being 3'x4'x21" there's no hiding it. :lol:

It's nice to build a quality speaker for little money too. I'd like to learn how just assemble a crossover so I can do some other speakers. We have enough subs here now.

Comment

• Heavy-D
        • Dec 2006

Construction log? pics?

Comment

• warnerwh
          • Jan 2006

I didn't even think of taking picks. I'm very new at this. I just finished my first sealed sub for my stereo about 3 weeks ago. You can see it in the DIY subwoofer showcase under Mission Accomplished. That's the first diy project I've done. I'm almost done with this sub:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fiberglass.gif
Views:	275
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	847235

I wanted to finish the big sub first but I got snowed in and couldn't get more baffle material so I put my other sealed sub together. The big sub in the picture will be getting two RL-P 15" drivers and is a gift for a friend who will be here tomorrow to pick it up. They will be having it upholstered to match their leather furniture.

I will be building an exact duplicate of this sealed sub as I don't care for the first one in gloss black I built. The cosmetics could have been better. Also I'm making these new ones a little smaller which fortunately doesn't change the tuning enough to matter.

Sound quality is outstanding. I'm very impressed with the Dayton RS 15 HiFi drivers people told me to use. The help I've received here has been commendable. :T
          Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 18:14 Thursday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"